Technical assistance to strengthen the capacity of Turkish Cypriot veterinary services to eradicate, control and prevent animal diseases – Team Leader Senior Veterinary Expert
Key expert 1: Team Leader: senior veterinary expert (minimum 440 days)
Project description: The project aims to strengthen the capacities of veterinary services in general and in particular the ability to prevent, detect, control and eradicate major animal diseases in the northern part of Cyprus, in compliance with EU requirements. These diseases include but are not restricted to bovine brucellosis, tuberculosis, and leucosis, FMD, Lumpy skin disease, ovine and caprine brucellosis, Peste des Petits Ruminants, sheep and goats pox).
Project duration: 24 months
Expected starting date: 27th November 2017
Location: Activities will take part in Nicosia and in other areas of the northern part of Cyprus.
Qualifications and skills
• University degree in veterinary medicine.
• Full computer literacy.
• Fluency in English.
General professional experience
• Minimum of 15 years of professional experience in animal diseases surveillance and eradication programmes (livestock, farm animals) and/or veterinary services capacity building;
• Minimum of five years of professional experience in animal diseases surveillance and eradication programmes in an EU Member State (planning, design, execution and/or management of animal disease surveillance programmes). Additional years of experience, up to 15 years, will be considered an asset;
• At least one assignment in animal disease surveillance and eradication and in animal disease emergency management.
Specific professional experience
• Experience in at least one project or assignment of capacity building for the design and implementation of an animal disease prevention, surveillance, control and eradication plan or programme in an EU Member State or candidate country;
• Experience in at least one project or assignment to strengthen veterinary institutions in an EU Member State or candidate country;
• Experience in at least one project or assignment to promote multi-stakeholders initiatives related with animal health (e.g. awareness raising/sensitization campaign, wide consultation).
If you are interested in this position, please send us the most recent version of your CV in EC template at email@example.com with subject “1285 – TL”.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org