Technical assistance to strengthen the capacity of Turkish Cypriot veterinary services to eradicate, control and prevent animal diseases – Key Expert 2 Senior Veterinary Expert
Key expert 2: Senior veterinary expert (minimum 440 days)
Project description: The project aims to strengthen the capacities of veterinary services in general and in particular the ability to prevent, detect, control and eradicate major animal diseases in the northern part of Cyprus, in compliance with EU requirements. These diseases include but are not restricted to bovine brucellosis, tuberculosis, and leucosis, FMD, Lumpy skin disease, ovine and caprine brucellosis, Peste des Petits Ruminants, sheep and goats pox).
Project duration: 24 months
Expected starting date: 27th November 2017
Location: Activities will take part in Nicosia and in other areas of the northern part of Cyprus.
Qualifications and skills
• Degree in veterinary medicine. Specialisation in veterinary epidemiology is an asset;
• Full computer literacy;
• Fluency in English.
General professional experience
• Minimum of 15 years in veterinary matters;
• Minimum of five years of experience in capacity building of veterinary services in an EU Member State or candidate country; additional years of experience, up to 15 years, will be considered an asset.
Specific professional experience
• At least one assignment in animal diseases screening in a reference laboratory in an EU Member State or candidate country;
• At least one assignment dealing with veterinary laboratory strengthening;
• At least one assignment in the planning/design and execution of animal disease surveillance, control and eradication plan or programmes.
If you are interested in this position, please send us the most recent version of your CV in EC template at email@example.com with subject “1285 – KE2”.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org